MY FRIENDS AND I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU JOIN US

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Do These YoYo's Bounce Back To You?










Isn't this a pretty square?  It is from Chris's blog, and I have added the link to it below, she has a photo of it on her blog and a link to a very good pattern for it.   This really is a way to use up all those tiny bits of yarn that you have left over.  It only takes 10 feet of yarn to make one yoyo, and you only need to make 16 of them to create this 12" square,  now isn't that something?  Needless to say you can use less so that would create a smaller square.  About the time you start on one of these you are finished with it.  This would really be a good carry around project, just make some yarn bobbins, wind your yarn and you are set to go.  I think it would be fun to choose the colors that will go in one square to coordinate with each other,  but then again I think if they were contrasting that would be pretty also.  Oh, all the combination ideas would just be so much fun to try.  I sat down and cut out my bobbins, then I cut my yarn and went on and wrapped the bobbins and put them all into a bag that went into the car today so I would have them handy for those "just in case" times.  Yes,  I remembered my hook and the blue yarn to sew them together with.  Now if you are not familiar with yarn bobbins or don't know how to make your own,  I have included one of Teresas' great videos of how to make some and then she shows you how to wrap the yarn onto it.  She is just so talented it is amazing. I have also made some out of  milk jug plastic, but my hands have gotten to where I can't hold that as well as I can the cardboard, so keep an eye out because you might find something that works better for you.  Of course you can buy the ones that they use for embroidery floss  but I am too cheap, I'd rather spend my money on yarn.  Okay, I will quit chatting now and let you watch the video or go check out the pattern.  So have fun, because I am going to.   8>)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Molly,

    I love your granny square with all the little circles in it. And thank you for sharing Teresa's video about the bobbins. I love the idea of recycling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi molly, I do not crochet, but that square is lovely, and using up all those odds and ends of yarn left over from other projects is certainly a good idea. I don't know the price of yarn in the U.S. but while looking for some here in Canada, to knit a baby outfit, to get a good quality yarn it sure was pricey.
    Have a good day.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Molly! Love your blog today, it's so informative. Love the pattern for the yo-yo square! Gotta do it, gotta do it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you found something interesting. Please leave a comment because I would like to come visit you.