MY FRIENDS AND I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU JOIN US

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I Received A Gift

A while back a knitting friend of mine that lives near me had her 71st birthday.  Naturally her daughter had a great birthday dinner with all the trimings, cake and candles.  Although I must admit I was surprised her fire alarm didn't go off with all the candles we had burning.  The present I gave her was a large basket filled to the brim with yarn and a new set of bamboo knitting needles.  Okay back to my gift.

We all had a good dinner and visit then dessert and we decided we'd better head for home.  Well the next day she stopped by and delivered two of the most beautiful discloths you have ever seen and she said she had to make her daughter some after she saw these because she just had a fit for them.  I really love the colors of them but I must confess I think  I will use them for my face, not those old dirty dishes.

So I just had to show them off to y'all and she keeps saying that she will teach me to knit so I will have something to do on those bad days we get here.  I didn't have the heart to tell her my crochet list is so long there is no way I could add another skill in there also.

So if y'all here some rumbling coming from up this way just ignore it 'cause it will just be me....I think I'm going to need a lot of chocolate  8>)


6 comments:

  1. Molly,

    The dishcloths are wonderful and I'm with you; I'd use them for my face too. I love your new sidebars and you know I'm nuts for granny squares!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very pretty! Glad you had a nice birthday celebration with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is so nice! Love these pretty new cloths from your friend! Handmade gifts are the BEST!.. Funny though, I am the only crafty person I know. Nobody else, among my friends or family, MAKE anything on their own!.. Just ME! So I GIVE handmade gifts, but only rarely GET them, unless by way of blog giveaways, craft swaps, and craft fairs! Whatever way they come to me, though, you just know I appreciate them all the more! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and way too nice to use on dirty dishes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arent they just the best! Gorgeous!
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those are sooo nice! I'd be using them for my face also. I get very few handmade gifts also unless they're from a great "online" friend or I win them "online" or my daughter-in-law makes them Sigh but they are very much appreciated and loved, however I receive them.

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you found something interesting. Please leave a comment because I would like to come visit you.