MY FRIENDS AND I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU JOIN US

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pattern For Cap

I've had a couple of people ask me for the pattern for my cap.  Well that would be great if I had a pattern, this is sort of one of those things that I just wing it as I go along.  But here is what I can halfway say is a pattern.

H hook

Yarn appropriate for persons head (baby or adult)

Ch 50, I worked each row in hdc until the hat was the length that I thought would fit around the persons head. For an adult I measure the hat to equal 20" so it will stretch and fit well, for a baby's head I measure 17", for a child I measure 19".

Then I sew up the back seam so it creates a "tube" shape, then lay one end flat and sew that together all the way across, this will be the top. Cut several strands of yarn to create the tassels for each corner. On the other end I work a row of single crochet just to give the cuff end a finished look, fold up the cuff and you're done.

If I have everyone totally mixed up then write me back and I'll see if I can unscramble some of this.  It really is just a very plain hat so hopefully I haven't messed everybody up.  Take care and cover those heads it's going to be cold soon

3 comments:

  1. Hi again ... this encouraged me to get my hook out again and as I am in bed with the flu it seems a good time to start! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still working at it .... would love to just forget Christmas and each time I look at your blog I get real scared that I am so far behind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Molly! Sounds simple til you get doing it.... I just did write on my blog if anyone had a good 'universal' hat pattern. I'm having a heck of a time getting a pattern that will fit. I have a big head you see.....lol...seriously. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you found something interesting. Please leave a comment because I would like to come visit you.